"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

9.14.2006

I'm really not that kind of mom

There are many kids out in this world with more gizmos and gadgets than mine. I'm not one of those moms that feels like I need to give in to every whim of my kids. They're always telling me that they want this or that and I usually just give them the "who cares" look. BUT, after the week I've had putting Tanner's new preschool schedule into the mix, I am breaking down and getting Jon a cell phone. YEP, I am. Our schedule isn't exactly jivin like I'd like it to so in order to give myself a little peace of mind, I'm doing it. But, with a $19.99 a month plan, you really can't go wrong. So, this weekend if not sooner, Jon will have the cell phone he's been begging for. But, realistically, it's for me! He'll be able to talk to any Tmobile customer for FREE and he'll have FREE nights and weekends PLUS 50 minutes to use whenever. It'll never be more than 19.99 a month because Tmobile will cut off his whenever minutes when the 50 are up. So, it's really a great deal and it's the only way I can see to get things running a little bit more smoothly. YIKES! I'm not ready for kids with cells! Geesh, I didn't have a cell until I was maybe 26! He's only 12! Goes to show how quickly the times are a'changin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny! But it's great that you're using technology to your advantage, good choice!