"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

12.11.2007

Want a dog? Anyone?

As I've posted before, we built a chicken coop. It's done, I've inherited my sisters 2 ducks (FYI, ducks are DISGUSTING creatures....the amount of poop that comes out of them.....UCK!) So, Sunday, I found and purchased 3 hens and 2 roosters. They were only $10 for the lot of them and they were oh so cute. They "were" We now only have 2 hens and 1 rooster. Where'd the 2 others go? After blaming my kids who CANNOT stay out of the coop and CANNOT manage to keep the gate closed...I come home to find.....Tonka IN the coop!!!!!!!! Further investigation led me to the playground where I found a chickens worth of feathers! Poor lil hen! There are no signs of red feathers. (my FAVORITE was the lil red rooster with the curly feathers. So cute and so docile....AND so missing!) I could just run that dog over and not feel bad right now. Needless to say, the dogs will be getting some training. Walk by the coop, get yelled at.....sniff at the chickens, get yelled at......so much as LOOK towards the coop, get yelled at! I hope it sinks in sooner rather than later. I also hope Lil Red is out there, somewhere, in hiding. I hope we can find and recover him before Tonka finds him. The dogs do NOTHING for me....the chickens, however, will provide lovely eggs....Hmmm, who goes?!?!?!

No comments: