"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

1.25.2008

small, sick and casted....

Today will be a whirlwind of activity.... Brennen has a follow up appointment with the doc to check his weight. At his 12 month appointment, the doc noted that he had been 20lbs for the past 3 months! SO, it's a month later and he wants to weigh him again. I've been trying so hard to get him to eat more. He really does eat a lot though but he seems rather willing to eat more if I offer it. He's not the kind of kid who even lets me know if he's hungry though so I can see why he wouldn't be gaining. I have just been trying to offer him food all day long. Usually he'll take it so I hope he's gained a bit.
Jake was sick from school yesterday with some sort of stomach bug. He was throwing up the night before which is never fun. Today his school is going on an awesome field trip and since Jake missed school yesterday, he's not eligible to go on the trip! This rule, in my opinion, sucks! So, he's home again today. He's still not feeling super but he could go to school. I just don't think it's particularly fair to make him miss the trip because he was sick. It feels like such a negative message to me....
Jon goes in today to have his cast cut off and get his foot xrayed. Yep, he's been in a cast for the past 2 weeks! He had a little "fall" off of his skateboard and managed to fracture his big toe. It wouldn't have been a big deal but he fractured the growth plate and chipped a part of the bone clean off. I told Ernie, the cast tech, to remember us because we'll probably get to see a lot more of him in the future....you know, having 5 boys and all!
So, that's what's going on here......what's up with you all?

5 comments:

Amie said...

Maybe Brennen's weight plateaued because he is getting so active? I hope he put on some weight for your peace of mind.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Whew! What a day!

BTW, happy late birthday!

Susan Hatler said...

That's weak that Jake couldn't go on the field trip. I just don't understand that line of reasoning. Did they want you to send him to school when's he's sick and get everyone else sick? If somebody understands this school of reasoning, please explain it to me. Cuz I don't get it.

Melissa said...

My daughter fracture the growth plate in her big toe a few months back too. It sounds like Jon's was worse though with a the bone chipping off. OUCH! That IS a stupid rule they have at school.

SydneyDawn said...

My son's weight was like that. Still is actually. He eats plenty, and he's growing...he's just so active he burns off a lot of calories so his weight hasn't really gone up although he's grown taller.

Some kids are just naturally thinner.