"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

6.29.2008

yawn...

Last night was a very tiring one to say the least. It began with Jake throwing up. Being that he's 12, he's pretty good about it. It's not like I had to clean vomit off the floors or couches. But, you know, when you're a sick kid, you just want your mom. So, poor guy was throwing up. over and over. and over! ALL. NIGHT. LONG! Not only that but when I did try to go to sleep I was just so hot and uncomfortable and kept tossing and turning. Finally around 2ish, Brennen woke up. He'd been whining a bit in his sleep and tossing and turning as well. He woke up and I brought him in bed with me. He HATES to be covered up so he sometimes gets a bit chilly in his bed. Well, after a bit of tossing and turning in MY bed, I heard a strange noise come from him. I immediately grabbed him, sat up and right on time......managed to catch the vomit that started pouring out of the poor boys mouth. I yelled to Jared "Quick! Turn on the lights! Brennen is throwing up" His reaction time was really slow...I mean, I know he had been sleeping but, this is an emergency man! I would've turned the lights on myself but didn't quite know what to do with the handful of puke I was still holding AND still collecting. Jared eventually managed to get out of bed and fumbled for a second with the light switch. Once he turned it on, he looked at me. That's it! Holy cow man! Look alive! Help me out a bit here. I asked him to "please get me a towel or a trash can or SOMETHING so I could empty my hand!" Again with the "slow Bob from the lower dimensions" reaction time. I've never wanted to hurl and handful of vomit at someone so much in my life. If I thought I wouldn't have had to clean it up myself, I may have. (Yes, I was a little stressed!) He got me a towel and promptly laid back down and fell back asleep. USELESS! I managed to get the baby in the bathroom and cleaned up. He was SO lethargic and SO good. He didn't make a peep. No whining, no crying....he was a trooper! So, at 2:30ish I was rinsing out pukey shirts and towels and doing laundry! I was awoken again by Jake for the last time at around 5! What a rough night! Oh, and my dad was up using a chainsaw EARLY this morning! LOVELY! I hope you all had a better night...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

While reading this post, I was laughing so hard I was crying. My husband was like, what is so funny? So I read him your blog and he thought it was pretty funny too! The fact that your hubby fell back a sleep was the best part!:) LOL Maybe not for you, obviously, cleaning up Pukey McPuke but still the way you describe the whole event and how USELESS your other half was was freak'n hilarious! thanks for making my day! hahahaha
Hope you have a better night tonight!

Melissa said...

Sorry you had some sickies last night. Hope it's better soon. Your post was hilarious though!