"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

7.03.2008

Sad..

I haven't kept in touch with many people from school. Well, I guess I've really only kept in touch with one friend....Susan. I've known her since 6th grade! Recently, another old grade school friend of ours was able to track Susan down via the internet. She passed on the 2 email addresses she had to us and we have been attempting to have an online reunion of sorts. Last night, I emailed an old friend from grade school and was so sad to hear that 2 years ago, he suffered a stroke while racing in Hawaii! He's still alive and doing better. I emailed his wife today to ask for a more recent update than their website reported. He also has twin girls! How's that for a handful?! I guess I was just blown away by this news because Dirk was always in such great physical shape. He was an awesome tennis player in high school and was just always so.......healthy! This all makes me rethink my laziness at never working out. I just don't have the will power/ energy/ time......as you can see...I DO have a zillion excuses! I think I need to make the effort because I cannot fathom leaving my children!

1 comment:

Insane Mama said...

Oh man. I was just reunited with an old grade school friend and she told me about some of our old friends. One died from a heart attack at age 30! I have started to be strict in what I eat.
With five boys I'm sure you get enough eercise just running around after them