"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

10.08.2008

The paranoia is setting in.....

Brennen got his cast off on Monday! As the title suggests, the paranoia is indeed setting in. I find myself following him around like he's a brand new walker who cannot control the ups and downs. I am so worried that he's going to fall and reinjure his little arm. He really scares me because he flat out REFUSES to slow down! Monday afternoon he did actually take a tumble and was crying and holding his arm. I guess it's highly unlikely that he'd fall and reinjure it but I just can't stop worrying and he won't stay put! Why can't I just put him in a nice bubble where he'll be safe?!

The doc did say that he's healed up fine. I saw lots of new bone on his xray which is great. If you're feeling his arm, you CAN feel where the bone is all lumpy and bumpy. It's extra thick where it was broken. It feels kind of gross but the doc assured me that as he grows, the bones will be pulled straighter and the body will absorb the extra lumpy part. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

For now, Brennen is SO happy to be able to soak in a nice bubble bath. He can eat by himself again which is a time saver for me too!

No comments: