"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

12.24.2008

Have yourself a Merry little Christmas...

We are having a very calm Christmas Eve this year. For the first time in my life, I am not spending it with my family. It's odd but exactly what I needed. It's been a stressful holiday season so far, the economy certainly hasn't helped. I just really felt like I needed to have a quiet family Christmas Eve. I'm SOOooooo trying to get my kids to really understand the true meaning of Christmas....No, it's not all about the loot! We've been really cutting back on the amount of money we spend and we've been doing more activities together. It's been good so far. This is by far the least I've spent on Christmas. It never fails, while wrapping I always feel like it's just not enough but I refuse to play into the commercialization of the holiday and buy more. Family is what it's about! So, wherever you are, I hope you are having just the Christmas Eve you want! Merry Christmas to all!
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Shasta said...

Merry Christmas to you too and I hope you really enjoyed your calm evening at home with your family, that sounds really nice!

Krazy Armstrong K's! said...

I think alot of have cut back this holiday season, nothing wrong w/ that! Hope you and your family had a great calm Christmas and ready for the new year!

Krazy Armstrong K's! said...

I think alot of have cut back this holiday season, nothing wrong w/ that! Hope you and your family had a great calm Christmas and ready for the new year!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great Christmas and have a Happy New Year too.

love the hat! very cool