"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

5.31.2009

Oink?!

So, it seems that Jon *may* have swine flu. I took him to the docs last Wednesday to look at his shoulder that he somehow injured while swimming on Memorial Day. His shoulder is fine....just flares up from an old bmx injury but that eve he had a low grade fever. His throat hurt and his head was pounding. He's been sick ever since. I finally thought I should look up swine flu symptoms. Not that I worry all that much. Frankly, I think the media went hog wild with panic. BUT, he does have nearly all the symptoms. Being that I am now a somewhat single mom to 5.5 boys, I thought it best to have him checked out. I'm taking him in at 10:45. I'm not even sure if they have a definitive test for this or if they'll just say, "yep, he's got they symptoms, here's some Tamiflu." We shall see. But, oh, what a pain! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

~Sheila~ said...

My daughter just got sick this morning. Hopefully it's just a 24 hr virus.
I picked up on the "somewhat single" mom part.
I hope you are doing alright. You are a strong woman.
Let me know if you need anything.