"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

6.07.2009

awesome...

So, the tournament went really well yesterday. Well, for ONE of the guys anyway. Tanner was his typical spastic self. I think he didn't REALLY take his meds even though he told me he had. He was SO unfocused and naughty. He couldn't remember ANY of his forms past the first two moves. It was somewhat embarrassing. BUT, I had to get over it because I cannot control the way he acts so.... Tucker on the other hand kicked butt.....literally. He did ok on his forms. There are a lot of moves to remember and he gets anxious about that. BUT, I was totally impressed with his sparring. He used to be so timid when he was up against another kid. Last tournament he actually cried when he lost his match. This time though was different. He had a fire in his eye and he was so determined. He ended up having to spar with 3 different boys and he took first place! I was SO proud of him. He was SO excited it was awesome to see. Unfortunately, you only get a trophy for placing in forms. He got a cool medal though for forms and a gold medal for sparring. Now we know what to focus on for next time. He's bound and determined to get himself a trophy! I'm sure he can do it!

1 comment:

My Two Army Brats said...

Way to go Tucker!

I am so nervous to put my boys into sports just yet.