"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

6.24.2009

Chicky update

So far we have 2 baby chicks. Jake was very distraught over the 3rd baby that he found who didn't make it. The two we have are pretty dang cute and there are still 2 eggs. Don't know if those ones will hatch or not but 2 chicks is better than no chicks. PLUS, I still have 2 or 3 hens who are laying on eggs. If all goes well, we should have some more newbies in another week or so.....but I haven't really kept such good track of those nests.....only time will tell. I'm off to take some pics for your viewing enjoyment!

2 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

How cool is it that you have baby chicks!!!
I don't think I could do it-
Seeing the one a few posts ago hatching will make me looking at an egg differently today!!!
(The hicups of a baby-priceless! How sweet is that! As long as it is not at 3 am...)
Happy summer to you!

~Sheila~ said...

I remember having baby chicks as a kid. I also remember not knowing exactly how to care for them. I don't think anyone knew. We just pet and pet and pet and pet them.
For the life of me...I can't remember how they disappeared.

I also see those chicks that are different colors for easter. Those creep me out.

Have fun with your new little ones. I am expecting a new little one as soon as the momma dog will pop it out.