"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

8.30.2009

Neighbors sometimes suck!

I have recently learned that our neighbor has been renting out a room or two to a mom and son. That's all fine and good....let me tell you what's not. One day, maybe 3 weeks ago, Tanner came running in, all excited about the 3rd grade boy neighbor who wanted to play. I was confused as I know that our neighbors have 2 little girls (up the hill) and 2 teenaged boys (down the hill) I had never seen hide nor hair of a 3rd grade boy. Then, to my amazement, I see a car pulling up alongside the road and dropping a child off! I was thinking...."What in the HELL is going on?!" I went outside and met Elsa, the neighbors renter. This was the first time I had met her and she was just planning on dropping her kid off? It was pretty nervy of her but I wasn't doing anything but hanging out so I figured it was fine. Little did I know, Elsa was planning on making a habit of it. About a week later, I was resting on the couch. It was hotter than hell so I had my tank top pulled up and my belly was hanging out. Why not? I'm in my own home....Brennen was naked and sleeping. I know, I know....naked? He really prefers it when it's hot and again....in our own home....In comes a parade of boys. I noticed rather quickly that one didn't belong to me. Yep, you guessed it. The neighbor kid. Unannounced and uninvited had been sent down to play. It wouldn't be such a big deal but I am 8.5 mos pregnant and tired. I have 5 boys of my own and I don't want to be responsible for somebody elses kid. I'm not a drop in day care, you know.... Another morning at 9am I hear my dogs going wild. I looked out the window to figure what was causing the commotion and saw nothing. 5 minutes later, my dad (also my neighbor) comes to the door...."You have visitors!" My kids were still sleeping...I was tired and I come down to find the neighbor boy AND the 5 yr old girl! What is going on? Really, I'm not a particularly petty person but WHO does this? I've NEVER dropped my kid off at somebody's house uninvited. I can't even imagine it. The latest fiasco happened a couple of days ago. I'm busy making dinner and I see the neighbor pull into my driveway. I told Jared, PLEASE go ask her to stop dropping her child off. I have enough of my own without her just leaving hers here uninvited. Jared's not to quick so next thing I know, Tanner's outside and quickly back in...."Elsa says we need to tie Booger up...he just bit Josiah!" HELL NO! I will NOT tie up my dog, in my own yard just so she can drop her kid off whenever! I am ticked. Now Jared's telling the boys their beloved dog may be put down because he bit Josiah. Never mind that Booger HATES Josiah (makes me wonder what Josiah did because Booger's fine with everybody else) Seriously, my dog, my property....he's doing his job and you're dropping your kid off here and he's going after my dog even though my dog WILL NOT stop barking at him! Booger is terrified of Josiah. What should I do? I really don't want to have to talk to her. I am so mad I'm afraid of what will come out of my mouth. I'm sure it won't be at all neighborly......

6 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

There is no way out of that one with out talking to her. And if you come off as irritated-like you said-You are 8 mo. pregnant!
Good luck, and it is ok to say something! I so would.
Let us know what happened.

andria said...

We had a similar incident here last fall. Seems one kid up the street was instructed to come here (or either of the houses on each side of us) when he got off the bus until his mom got home from work. At 7 pm. But I didn't hear this from the mom. She never asked. Well, I finally got sick of the kid terrorizing my kids and I just marched him out of my house one day (he had plenty of warnings) or course he went next door and began terrorizing them. One day his mom walked down here to get him and he was next door and I just told her, hey, your kid is welcome to play here between 3:30 and 4:30 but after that we're all about homework and chores and dinner and my kids couldn't do those things with a distraction. She was okay with it and that kid never comes back.

YOu're going to have to say something. Maybe just tell her, hey, I don't want to liable for anything my dog may do so your kid can't come in our yard because of that. Blame it on the dog.

Anonymous said...

I'm really feeling for you here! Some people have such a hide, don't they! I think if you say something to her that may be a bit heated, well she'll only have had what's coming to her. I'm sure it's obvious your pregnant - does she have no decency!!!??? You are well within your say so to say so... that you don't appreciate the uninvited intrusions, and if she could please consider your current state and the fact that you are busy enough. You so don't need this when you're pregnant, but I think it would be worse once the baby's arrived, so nip it in the bud well and good, and I am certain you'll be feeling a whole lot better about the situation once you've said your bit. I hope and pray this works out for you well, and soon! All the best for the next little while with your bundle... Bless your heart! Naomi

Claremont First Ward said...

I think you are going to have to talk with her. Unbelievable. Seriously!

Mariah said...

This kind of stuff happens to me ALL. THE. TIME. I agree you need to talk to the mom. Although I am guilty of being a push over...

Gucci Mama said...

You have to talk to her. That behavior is out of control. I can't believe the nerve of some people. I'm getting all lathered up now, just thinking about it. Want me to talk to her? ;)