"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

12.30.2009

cooties

Branson had a fever the other night. Of 102! He seemed a bit irritable but was otherwise fine, even managing to eek out a few smiles here and there. After a horrendously long night (Branson AND Brennen both kept me awake) I decided maybe it would be best to call the docs. He still had a temp and was still irritable. Nevermind the fact that we don't currently have active health coverage. The new policy takes effect on Friday. (naturally!) So, I made him an appointment and took him in. Apparently they had weighed my wee lil pork chop wrong at his 2 month appointment. Either that or he somehow gained 12 ounces in 10 days...he is 13lbs 15oz! (we like em chunky style here!) He checked out fine. And today? He's happy as a clam....all smiles and no temp. Figures.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness. He is big. My little guy was 13 lbs 8 ozs Monday at his 4 month checkup although he doesn't turn 4 months until the 5th. Hope everyone stays well for awhile. We are fighting the crude here as well.

Dawn said...

Glad he's feeling better. Chunky babies fit their clothes better. :) Elisa is so tiny she needs her big cloth diaper bum to keep her pants up. Haha

Dawn said...

She is 14 and 1/2 lbs...just weighed her. I was curious.