"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

4.15.2010

I only had one more....

For some reason, I find myself SO busy and it's been next to impossible to post anything on my blog. I really can't quite figure it out. It's not like I'm Octomom, having 8 babies at once. I'm not even Kate....I only had ONE! Why is it then that I'm so ridiculously overbooked and busy? Why is it that I don't even have time to post a quick one liner on Facebook even? When and how did life get so hectic? I can't reasonably blame it on Branson, he's a gem. Super easy. A peach. Brennen is a bit more "time consuming" but still, quite good. Tanner.....he's a spaz in a half. Medicated, yet on the wrong medication which means he might as well not even BE medicated. He's my lil hummingbird, wings flapping faster than the eye can see, flitting from one activity to the next. Actually, hummingbirds don't leave destruction in their wake like he seems to so maybe he's more like Taz. Tucker's been a chore and a half lately too. Then there's Jake. Ah, sweet Jake. If ever there was a difficult child, he is it. Spring break was hard to say the least. He doesn't do well with unscheduled time. I knew this going into it but I didn't expect the natural disaster that was Jake on spring break. It was really tough. I actually had to give him the choice of going back on his meds or me calling the police. Has anyone ever had to call the police because you're afraid of what your own child might do to you or one of your other children? It's NOT fun. It's not easy to dial that number. Luckily he chose the med route. Man, have you ever seen those wild kingdom type shows where they tranquilize a wild animal and then wait for it to drop? That was my house. Lucky for all of us, Jake was out for several hours and woke up MUCH calmer. The phone call was avoided....for now. Jon's been good. He always is. Not much to report on him ever. He's nearly 16 (I know I'm nowhere NEAR old enough to have a 16 year old!) He's got a new girlfriend. He's a texting machine. That's about it for now. I'll try to post again soon. I know you'll all be sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for that.....

2 comments:

My Two Army Brats said...

I was actually just wondering about you a couple days ago! I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Well enough anyhow with 6 boy!!

Sarah said...

I simply cannot imagine how busy you must be. I only have two boys, and yet, at the end of the day when I sit down (while eating my dinner) and try to blog about what my day was about...there's nothing! A big, blank, void. So I shut the laptop and go watch "Lost". And I gain a leetle sanity that gets me through the next day.