"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

11.09.2006

In case you're wondering....

Yes, I'm still here and still with child. I've got 26 days to go...not that I'm counting. I'm a bit bummed out because I keep hearing about women who were due AFTER me who have already had their babies! So not fair. BUT, I know that things don't happen in MY time, there's someone much bigger in control. SO, I have to just be happy knowing that I don't have to worry about it. I've been busy getting the last few things I wanted to get before the big day. I still have my list of inconsequential things that I want to do or have done beforehand. 1. Get my hair cut 2. recolor my hair (too much of the icky colors showing at the roots! UGH) 3. buy waterproof mascara (I always wondered why I didn't at least TRY to look my best during labor! LOL) 4. get a pedicure (my poor toes have been sadly neglected since I can't really see/reach them very easily) That's about it for my silly list. I still need to take our camera in to be totally serviced and cleaned out. It's been doing funky stuff that just is unacceptable for labor/delivery moments.. I've already located all the baby clothes and washed them all up. The car seat and stroller are assembled and just waiting for a passenger. I've rearranged our bedroom to make the best use of space for our "nursery corner". (It's sooo cute!) I found and purchased an adorable baby book. I've got a few necessities on hand (diapers, wipes, baby wash.....) I think I'm pretty much ready! My mom insists on making me walk more! UGH, not feeling so comfy. The baby has dropped a bit which makes breathing easier! (YEAH, very important!) I sort of feel like he's not as big as the others but I have to keep reminding myself of how quickly they can pack on the pounds in those last few weeks. Mom thinks he'll arrive early. I don't....we shall see. I'll try to be better about posting more regularly. I'll definitely post when he arrives (or she, if they were dead wrong like they were last time.......)

3 comments:

Amie said...

Thanks for the update! Did they tell you your last one was a girl?

Dana said...

Yes! 4 Ultrasounds all confirmed that Tanner was indeed a girl. I had a huge pink baby shower because everyone was SO excited that I was finally having a girl. The cake said "Welcome Little Lady" with cute pink ladybugs all over it. That's the closest I've ever come to having an actual baby girl in my house! SO, I wouldn't be surprised if they were wrong again. I'm not expecting it but it sure wouldn't be the shocker it was last time!

Anonymous said...

Thats hilarious! 'Welcome little lady'. hehehe. Thanks for the update Dana! We can totally relate to how you feel, those memories are still quite fresh :o) Sounds like you're pretty well ready though, can't wait to see the pictures