"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

7.05.2007

Update on a LONG couple of weeks!

First of all, I wanted to say "Thank you!" for all of your kind words in this difficult time. We held the viewing and memorial for Granny last Friday and Saturday. It was wonderful. Even though most, if not all, of her friends had passed before her, she had so many people there who knew and loved her. Afterwards we had quite the celebration for her at my parents house. My family from LA has been staying here so it's been a fun and LOUD week with my 5 boys and her 4 kids! It's been really great for the kids to all get to know each other better. They get along really well and it's such a shame that we all live so far away. It's been a "naughty" week for Jake. I already know that he has trouble adjusting to change and these past couple of weeks have been chock full of changes! Needless to say, he's been an absolute monster. I try to be understanding with him but it sure is difficult when he's constantly trying to choke his brother or telling me he's just going to kill himself.....YEP! Just the kind of actions I need most right now. Jon has also been in "show off" mode. He just seems to say and do the dingiest things....almost like he loses all control of his brain for a brief moment. Tucker has been pretty good through it all....Tanner too. I was a bit worried how they'd deal with the death since they haven't had much experience with it. I was pleased that they seemed to handle it really well. Tanner was very curious and just kept vigil by the casket. Tucker cried during the ceremony but was so quick to give out hugs and kisses to others who were crying. Such a sweet boy. We had a fun filled week. We visited Memorial Park on Tuesday in honor of Granny. It was one of her favorite camping spots....so beautiful. We had a great time. Yesterday was spent playing, swimming, bbqing, and laughing. All in all, it's been a wonderful week full of memories of Granny. I can only hope to leave behind such a legacy. I will have to post some pictures later because there have been countless Kodak moments this week! Thank you again for all the support!

1 comment:

Lori said...

((((hugs)))) Dana!! I'm so sorry for your loss, but it sounds like you guys had an amazing time celebrating her amazing life full of family that loved her. I bet she was watching from Heaven, feeling wonderful, and loving every minute of it.

I have to say...you are a SAINT!! I only have my 2 boys, and there are some days I feel I'm going batty! I can't imagine five.

Thanks for your comment on my blog...it gives me hope that this potty training "thing" may actually work! :)

BTW...the boys all have the MOST beautiful eyes...my gosh...you are IN for it in a few years! :)