"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

9.07.2007

Jake...

Jake has been SO difficult lately. I am getting to my breaking point with him. I just feel like I don't have it in me to do anything for him anymore. He's mainstreaming into regular education while he's still at the day treatment facility. He's also had some issues with a bully at the day treatment facility. The bully never really had any consequences at school because he's one of those smart bullies who doesn't do or say anything in front of the adults. It's all been really pretty hard on Jake and he's making his family pay dearly for it. I feel like I'm living inside a natural disaster right now.....like living in a tornado. I am honestly hating him right now. In my heart I know this isn't how Jake wants to be.....Unfortunately, my head hates who he is being! Why does it have to be so hard to be his mom? He is 10x harder than the other 4 boys COMBINED! I feel so old right now. I just can't handle him anymore......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to like your child when their personality is so strong. I know how you feel. Don't be too hard on yourself...or Jake. He likely doesn't understand why he is being so difficult either. If he is like Nick his behaviour likely cycles between smooth and tornado!! It's hard to remember that that smooth time will return, but it will. Good luck...I hope things settle down soon...it really disrupts the whole family, doesn't it.
Jen

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Hugs...

andria said...

I sometimes feel that way about my oldest. He has always been hard and somedays are just harder than others. It's normal to feel that way when you are so stretched. You love your baby, we know that, you just don't like the behaviors.

Wish I could help.