"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

3.27.2008

bummer of a break

With only 1 REAL day of Spring Break left, I can say that this has been one bummer of a break! My mom and dad were pretty sick for the first half. This was the same half that my boys were unwilling to do their chores. Every day I would talk about some fun activity or another, telling my boys that as soon as they straightened up their rooms, we'd be off for some fun....That didn't happen. Tuesday night was really rough for Brennen. He tossed and turned all night long and was hacking away. It seems that he now has what Grandma and Grandpa had! I, of course, have been getting little to no sleep. It's nerve wracking for me when the kids have any sort of respiratory issues. Last night was better, sleepwise, for Brennen but he's been feeling MUCH worse today. He's got a fever and all. He's not acting at all like his normal smiley self. Of course I had wanted to do something fun with the guys but cannot take Brennen out. My mom is such a lifesaver though....since Jake and Tanner actually cleaned their rooms, she took them out to see Horton Hears a Who. Lucky boys! I know, JAKE?!?! He's been really good today! Gosh, it's about time! He was wreaking havoc for the first half of the week. Of course Tucker's ticked, he feels he should get to go, having pushing some toys from one side of the room to the other. Did he really think that passed for cleaning? Jon didn't want to see the movie but he's now moaning and groaning about his "wasted spring break" Oh BOO HOO! Since I spent the majority of last night having my face coughed in, I'm sure to be the next victim of this coughing bug....I just hope it waits until the boys are back in school.....next week! So, what have you all been doing to pass the time this week?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh man, that does suck! My little guy has been coughing all night too. Our Spring Break starts after school today so I get my time next week. Hopefully it goes well and no one gets sick! I don't have any special plans except sleeping in alittle. LOL Hopefully it will be warm enough for the kids to play outside and maybe go to the park or something.

Amie said...

It's not Spring break for the schools here until next week. We had two days off this week while we we're visiting my parents and that was my boys only break until our trip next month.

Dawn said...

We had sickness here last week too. Lucky for us we get 2 weeks of spring break so maybe we can get some fun in next week.

Susan Hatler said...

I've been working on my book like crazy. I was up til past 1am last night, typing away. It's SO much fun. Hope you don't get sick!!