"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

3.04.2008

I hate math....

I'll be the first to admit it.....I've never been any good at math. I mean, I do know enough to get by but don't ask me to help you with anything too heavy. Jon's passed me up, long ago. (He loves to rub this in too.....terd) My latest math challenge is Tucker. I know, you'd probably think that being as I've already finished with my schooling I'd be done with math. No. such. luck. Tucker seems to share my "love" of math and all things mathematical. He gets so anxious about his math homework that he starts whining from the get go. There is nothing so irritating to me as trying to help a mathematically challenged youngster who is whining the entire time. Not only is he driving me insane with the carrying on but he tells me that I'm doing it wrong....that's not what my teacher said to do.....you just don't know how to do this.... I give up! I told him as much last night. First of all, I am not really good in math, never mind that I HATE the subject but seriously, to be whined at and then told how wrong I am?!?!? I didn't sign up for that. So, I am so sorry Mrs. M.....Tucker's math homework will probably not be finished and you'll probably have to help him with it tomorrow. I cannot afford to lose my last precious bit of sanity trying to help him when honestly, I think he just doesn't want to do it. I know.....mother of the year, here I come.

3 comments:

Susan Hatler said...

I don't remember you being math-challenged. Weren't you one of the "smart ones" in Mr. Mumford's class? I can, however, sympathize with your frustration. Isn't that an after school tutor or someone who's trained in motivational math?

Dawn said...

Oh, I hate math, too! I am not looking forward to high school math homework. I don't even want to see 2nd grade math homework! lol! Can Jon help Tucker with his math homework? Or is that too much to ask? :P

Anonymous said...

Luckily, my hubby is good with math.

I help out witht he english/history/etc "soft" courses

He gets Math/Science/ etc!