"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

5.09.2008

Well, Hello again!

I know I've been nonexistent in the blogging world lately but my reason is a good one. I've created and implemented a brand new level system in my house. "What is a level system?" you ask....well, it is a system that is highly structured and detailed that my children must live by. There are 3 levels with different "freedoms" attached to each. The boys have a list of offenses that will lose them their precious level for a specified amount of days. This means, of course, that all H*ll has been breaking lose on a daily basis since the beginning of said level system. They are very resistant to change since their naughty behavior is so ingrained in who they have become. You'd be so proud though....I've stood strong and been very firm but loving. I DO NOT let them get away with anything. I'd love to say that Jared has been a tremendous source of strength and support throughout this but I will not tell a lie. He's been finding every reason in the book to stay later at work or help his friends out. He's avoiding at all costs, the wrath of the boys MADE to behave. I don't care, I'm still going to stand strong. I can do it! I've noticed some subtle changes in behavior already. I KNOW this will help! YAHOO!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Good for you. Stay strong, it will pay off! Rooting for ya!

andria said...

Oh yeah, I know all about the husband who suddenly has to work late all the time. Mine stopped coming home for dinner pretty much about the time we had Elizabeth. Crying=absent dad.

STick to your guns. It will work out in the end. And when you're done, come over here and straighten mine out.

Norm said...

That's awesome Dana and we're glad that you are encouraged already. Praying for you all, its tough but worth it!

Norm & Debra

Dawn said...

That is great! Your hard work will pay off...It has to, because that is what I keep telling myself. lol! Keep at it. :)