"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

2.22.2009

slowly going insane....

Yep, that's me. I've been Tucker's nurse all week long and he's driving me nuts. I know he's in pain and all but he has not been eating or drinking much and he flat out refuses to take his pain meds because they don't taste good. Instead, he just moans and groans on the couch and wakes me up in the middle of the night crying. I feel bad for him, I really do but enough is enough already! If it hurts, take your meds! They REALLY work well when he takes them. I had to get really serious with him and told him that if he doesn't eat and drink he'll end up right back in the hospital with another dreaded IV. It's the truth! So, he's been a bit better as far as eating goes but geesh, he really needs to just take the pain meds. I think I'm just a bit snappier than normal because I've not got that lovely virus that all my boys had. Fun, fun, fun! Fever, sore throat, headache.....just lovely. I'm having a fabulous weekend. I know, you're probably thinking "at least it's the weekend and Jared can help out with the kids." I thought the same thing for a second before I remembered who my hubby is....He spent all day yesterday outside. Not helping with the baby AT ALL! I was SO upset. Man, men really can be jerks. I even told him that I need help with the kids. Instead, he stocked up on firewood because, well, there's a storm coming. Never mind that we don't have a freakin fireplace!!!! It's for his fire pit outside. THAT'S helpful! UGH, I could just strangle him.

3 comments:

Bella Baby said...

oh you poor thing! i feel so bad for you! ya i know what you mean by men can be jerks your son is doing some stuff that makes him seem like a jerk sometimes! lol. but i hope you feel better! ^_^

~Sheila~ said...

Oh My Goodness!

I know what you mean. I'm not sure if I would actually want my husband to help with the sick kids. He's just not a nurturer. I would actually prefer him outside doing something useless instead of him being inside in the way.

I hope you start to feel better soon so that you can start enjoying your days.

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm so sorry. I can't stop laughing though. Your husband was MIA in order to collect firewood for his firepit? It's funny. But not. I'm sorry you didn't get the help you needed. Is he feeling better today?