"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

4.27.2009

Bummer!

Since I've been given one last opportunity to experience pregnancy,labor and delivery(in all it's glory! LOL) I wanted to really soak it all in and do it MY way. One thing I've always wanted to do but never have is a home birth. I've been looking into some options. We have Kaiser and it doesn't offer that option which, I think, stinks! I've been researching it online but am finding that it's ridiculously expensive. We're talking $5500 here! YIKES! Yeah, like I've got that in my back pocket. I'm really bummed out about it because when Brennen was born, they put a limit on how many people could be in the delivery room. Basically, I was forced to have some people wait it out in the waiting room. Not that I want a big ole party in there but, I have a big family and I want who I want to be there. I also would LOVE to do water birth. That's something that's always interested me. Alas, Kaiser doesn't offer that wonderful choice either. Pooh on Kaiser! So, I think I am going to be stinkin hospital bound at some point in October. I'm not happy about it at all. I HATE staying in the hospital. To me, the hospital stay is FAR WORSE than labor and delivery. I hate being woken up at all hours of the night by nurses checking to make sure I'm feeding my baby. Well, I haven't lost one yet so chances are, I'm a fairly capable mother. Also, the beds aren't comfy and I don't really want to hear everyone elses babies. I just want to rest. Hopefully, things will go smoothly and they'll let me out of that prison early. It'd be even easier if it was just a girl because I wouldn't have to wait to have any "procedures" done. UGH! Yes, I'm going to pout about not getting my way. I am going to continue to search for an option that's more appealing and financially doable. If you have any ideas....send em my way!

5 comments:

Carole said...

well everytime I come to your Blog I will click on ur goole monetizers maybe that will help..LOL

carole
xoxo

Maggie said...

Pooh on Kaiser is right!! I hate staying in the hospital too... the blood work was what got me. I had pre-eclampsia last time and was in there for 5 days - AHHH!!!!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Wow-I am impressed! I wanted an epidural as soon as the contractions began, I can't take the pain, so a hospital is the only place I want to be.
My sis in law has seven kids, and one was born at home...she loved it, and said it was her best birth experience...

~Sheila~ said...

I have NO IDEAS!!
Sorry.

It does suck that you can't have the birthing process that you want.
Me, I've chosen abstain from having sex as my birth control.

Leave it to me to want to take advice late.

Gucci Mama said...

What about a birthing center staffed by nurse midwives? I don't know much about them as both my pregnancies and labors were so full of strife they required hospital stays and c-sections, but I've watched some of those TLC shows where women go to birthing centers and they're set up to be pretty homey.
Might be worth looking into.