"Of all the animals, the BOY is the most unmanageable!" ~ Plato

11.22.2006

Appt. update

SO, I went to my appointment yesterday. Saw a wonderful midwife. My blood pressure is way low again, no wonder I feel so crummy when I'm standing upright. I tend to have low blood pressure anyhow and while pregnant, it's usually even lower, lower still when I'm standing. I actually LOST a pound, not sure how that happened. All looked and sounded good. Strong heartbeat. For some reason, I'm measuring small (35 wks instead of 38) so the midwife thinks the baby will be small. I laughed at her! My boys were all big babies and I think it would be very weird if I suddenly had a little one. The guys were 10 lbs, 8lb10oz (induced a week early to avoid being MORE than 10 lbs) 9lbs14oz and 9lb11oz. So, you could imagine how surprised I'd be to have a runt of the litter. I look the same as I did with the other pregnancies and I gained roughly the same amount of weight. I don't think it's likely that he'll be small unless they somehow mistook what they saw in the U/S and I am indeed having a girl instead. I guess stranger things have happened! They didn't do an exam so I don't know about any dialation. I feel comfortable enough though so I'm not in too big of a hurry. My bet is that he won't show himself until mid December anyhow.

1 comment:

Amie said...

Sounds like things are going good! I remember reading somewhere that some women lose a few pounds at the end so maybe thats a sign that your going to go into labor soon!